This quick and easy relish is perfect for on top of burgers, grilled chicken, or just on it’s own as a side to your meal… and the yellow colour?! I used yellow tomatoes to make it stand out.
I really have to say I enjoy dips & sauces. They are a great layer of flavour that is customizable – each person can add as much or a little as they want, and you get the chance to add a little extra to your meal! I recently made this relish to top our Turkey Burgers with a Hint of Lime, and after that, made another batch for my Chilli-Lime Chicken Skewers. This is any easy addition, and takes mere minutes and minimal work to get such an awesome kick of flavour!
- 2 yellow or orange tomatoes (if you want to keep the yellow colour I’m sporting here. Normal red tomatoes will work fine as well).
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro
- juice of ½ a lime
- ½ small mango, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Put your oven on broil-high. Slice the tomatoes in half, and place cut side down on a tin foil lined baking sheet. Rub a little olive oil over them, and place in oven.
- Place cookie sheet on highest rack in the oven. Watch carefully since they will get dark & burn quickly. Once the skin has bubbled a bit and has some char marks (about 8-10 minutes) remove from oven and let cool.
- In your food processor add garlic, lime juice, salt & pepper and cooled tomatoes. Pulse until thick consistency.
- In the bottom of a mason jar add cilantro, diced mango and tomato mixture. Shake gently. Serve cold. And that’s it!
Easy right? This is such a fresh relish, and I love that it’s a little tangy with the roasted tomato, and sweet with the mango. A surprising but delicious combo that is versatile and will last about 6 days in your fridge!
Thank you all so much for stopping by today and I hope this inspires your meals this upcoming long weekend! I know I’m hopping to make some special French Toast, Potato Salad kicked up a notch & possibly sneak in a DIY for my kitchen tablescape! Have a safe & wonderful weekend and look for all of my #sneakpeaks on instagram!