Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a good week so far. Today is FRIDAY! Yeay! I don’t know about you, but I know it’s going to be one busy weekend coming up for everyone. In saying that, I want to make sure that everyone has a good start to their day if there’s going to be lots going on, and they say breakfast is the most important… PLUS, if you’re not sure you’re going to be abler o sit down with everyone at one point or another for dinners, then why not get a jump start, and make breakfast your ‘together-meal’?! With my jammies still on, and a coffee in my hand, I give you tomorrow’s perfect start to the day, Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with Warm Peach Topping.
Doesn’t that just look enjoyable, easy and something your family will love?! I think so! This recipe gives you about 5 servings. That’s 2 slices of french toast with the warm peaches piled on… and so so so good, I have already made it again. So it’s time! Whip out the milk & eggs and lets get this thing started!
- 10 slices of cinnamon raisin bread (I used Sunmaid’s Cinnamon Swirl)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 398mL can of Peaches in water, drained & chopped
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Icing Sugar at the end (optional)
- If you can, turn your oven on the lowest setting. I have a “Warm” option, and it always keeps my food warm without cooking it.
- Beat your eggs with milk in a shallow pan.
- Pre-heat your non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Working in batches, place 1 or 2 slices in the milk & egg mixture. Flip making sure both sides are completely coated.
- If you need to, stay your pan with a little cooking spray. Add both slices of bread, and let cook.
- Once the eggs have set and browned on one side, flip and continue until you get the same look on the other side.
- When they are done, place in an oven safe dish or pan, place in warm oven until you’re ready to eat.
- Continue with the rest of your bread until completed.
- In a small bowl over low heat, add your chopped peaches, cinnamon & honey. Let simmer until peaches break down easily & honey has helped thicken the juices (about 10 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- I wanted a chunky topping, but not huge bites, so when everything was done, I took my potato masher, and gave everything a few mashes so the peaches broke down even more, but it wasn’t runny.
Note: If you wanted more a thinned out sauce, you could always pulse the peaches in a food processor to begin with and continue with the steps listed above.
- Place two slices of cinnamon raisin french toast on your plate, and add about 1/5th of the topping. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar if you wish, and TADA! You’re done!
This really is an easy and fun recipe. What I think may surprise you is that it’s not all that sweet. It’s got a perfect balance of sweet and cinnamon, thus I’m not worrying that I’m eating something ridiculously sugar packed for breakfast (or for that fact feel like I’m giving my kids a bag of marshmallows as a morning meal). What more can I say? These were a family favourite and I will continue to make these little beauties as often as time permits. It’s a special sit down breakfast meal, and while this is perfect for a Saturday morning, I can assure you I will not be attempting to ‘whip this up’ before the kids head off to school.
Also I wanted to mention that you could use real peaches, and you would need about 3-4 cups of chopped peaches… the reason I didn’t use them – at the moment peaches are not in season here, and they are hard, not very juicy and wouldn’t make very good topping. I would have to add maybe more honey or sugar, and my intention was to keep this simple and leave out as much added flavour as i could thus letting the natural flavours shine through!
And there you have it folks! Delicious & fun! Plus if your kids are old enough, I’m sure they could help you with this!
Also, if you haven’t done so yet, please don’t forget to sign up for the monthly e-mail! Just click on the side bar where it says sign up for the e-mail (clever eh?!)! May’s Round up is coming this week, and you don’t want to miss out! I will give you a sneak peak with what’s coming up for the month of June, you will get exclusive surprises that won’t be posted on the blog, and you can read about anything you missed out on!
Thanks you so much for stopping by today. I love hearing from you, so let me know what YOU THINK in the comments below. Any and all suggestions & comments are valued by me and i do take the time to read them 🙂 After all, if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here!
Have a wonderful weekend if i don’t hear from you and I can’t wait to chat soon! Cheers! xo