Since we are expecting to meet Hazel in a few weeks, I’ve been looking for some quick snack/breakfast options I could just grab and go in the mornings while driving the kids to day care, or in the wee hours of the morning when I’m starving… easy snacks just work, and it also helps curbing the ever oh-so-easy grab for the junk food (because who doesn’t love fuzzy peaches at 7am). I found this basic muffin recipe, and made it as is… they were moist, fluffy, made about a dozen good sized muffins, and had absolutely no taste what so ever. I would say it was a 50% flop, because there were some good qualities to the muffins, but lack of taste? I can’t get over that. So I decided to adapt, change it, and make this into a delicious breakfast for everyone to enjoy (not just myself).
These Dairy-Free Peach Chocolate Chip Muffins came together when I was in the grocery store last week trying to decide on some fruit to pick up… and these days I love love love peaches and grapefruits. I’m also craving chocolate for some reason, and found a bag of dairy-free chocolate chips. So that pretty much made my mind up, and these little beauties were developed. I love that this recipe only makes 12… that means you are stuck with 24 of the same flavoured muffin, and everything comes together in about 10-15 minutes – you don’t even use the mixer!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2/3 cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (the brand I used in this recipe is Enjoy Life)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease your muffin tin, or use muffin liners.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt together.
- In a medium bowl mix the vegetable oil, water, eggs & vanilla together.
- Make a well in the flour, and pour the wet ingredients in. Stir until everything is mixed well, but do not beat.
- Add the peaches and chocolate chips, stir until combined.
- Spoon into muffin liners. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- When finished let sit 5 minutes before eating… or let cool completely on a wire wrack.
Done and done! So easy my kids can help, and there’s no mixer or ‘kitchen machinery’ involved which sometimes I think is a bonus. I eat these for breakfast, or snacks… I take them to work with me when I’m starving, and it’s nice to have a stash of grab-n-go food laying around that I made. I know what’s in it, I know it’s not packed with tons of sugar, and I still get my ‘chocolate fix’ without the milk implications. I loved the simplicity of the recipe, and have future plans of new flavours to test out on Clint & the kids!
Make sure you take a moment and share what you are reading this summer… I’m putting together a summer reading list and could feature YOUR PICK! Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoy making these little muffins for your family. They really are an easy way to make morning breakfasts or snacks a pinch!!