I love salads in the summer, as I assume most people do. They are easy to prepare, the perfect side to almost anything you make, plus you can always make twice the amount and have delicious left overs for lunches or another weeknight meal. I also love potatoes… at least pregnant they are my go-to! #CarbLovin’ So when it came time to make dinner the other night – and yes, it was on the barbecue… surprise, surprise – I decided to take the twice baked potato to a whole new level… and one that wasn’t so hot!Today I am sharing my Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad! Everything you want topped on your baked potato comes together in this new summer classic. Rest assured, I made sure to think long and hard about how I love to top my baked potato, and tried to incorporate it all into this side dish. Another bonus?! This isn’t your typical thrown together and slapped with mayo salad so that’ s a huge bonus for me!
- 6 small-medium sized baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 heaping tbsp of fresh chives (plus more for garnish)
- 1 heaping tbsp of italian parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, divided
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded medium cheddar cheese
- Quarter your potatoes, or chop into bite-sized pieces. Place in a pot of water making sure to cover them by about an inch, bring to a boil, and cook until you can pierce with a fork (make sure they don’t over cook and get too mushy or they will fall apart when you try and mix in other ingredients).
- Remove, drain, and let cool.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl add the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tbsp of chives, 2 tbsp of italian parsley, salt & pepper for tasting.
- Once you potatoes have cooled completely, add to a large bowl. Add 2 slices of cooked & chopped bacon, and red pepper. Stir in dressing.
- Top with cheese, bacon, chives and parsley. Place in fridge until completely cool.
- Serve cold with your favourite main dish!
I love how easily this came together, and didn’t last in our house. I served it to both my girls, and they were so excited bacon was in the salad!Thank you guys so much for stopping in again today! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy some quality time & meals with your family & friends! Any requests? Any recipes you want me to review or try to lighten up? Feel free to let me know! Send an email: fuchsia email@example.com! Cheers xo