Yes, yes, yes, I’m making a salad – but at least it’s not just your basic leaf lettuce salad. My Mother-in-law makes a version of this and I absolutely love it, so I thought I would take a run at this, and make it my own (but make no mistake, hers is awesome!). This simple salad doesn’t take long to assemble what so ever and the flavour definitely packs a punch! The best part, it’s hearty enough to eat alone for lunch, and perfect as a side for dinner. Plus you could easily double this, and take to a potluck if you had to! Today I’m sharing Delicious Broccoli Salad!
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 cups of grapes (I prefer using red seedless), cut in half
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix the dressing: mayo, lemon juice, sugar, salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl add all of the vegetables. Add the dressing and mix well ensuring everything is coated.
- Add the bacon, and refrigerate for an hour or so until everything is cold.
- Serve cold! You can also top with shaved parmesan cheese just before serving!
I love this salad as is! If you wanted to kick it up a notch try adding grilled chicken, toasted sunflower seeds or any other protein of you choice! It’s filling and the dressing isn’t too much leaving all of the wonderful flavours of the vegetables and bacon to shine through!
If you haven’t seen on Facebook or Instagram, the Cook Once Eat Thrice series is making a come back! Lots of exciting meals are coming to the blog (and being served on our dinner table now). Thank you so much for stopping by my little spot on the internet. I always love when you take a moment and read what I’ve come up with and wanted to share with you! Please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and feedback in the comments below!
Have a wonderful weekend friends and next week I have some pretty fantastic things to share with you!