Wasn’t that Chicken Orzo Salad delicious from yesterday? It really does make an excellent supper, and even better as left overs for lunch the next day… but we haven’t stopped yet! No, Today I’m sharing yet another delicious meal that I took from that Shredded Italian Chicken.
Incase you haven’t noticed, football season is back in full swing! I love watching Sunday football with Clint and we are both trying to influence the girls to pick our teams… unfortunately we do not share the same opinions. I’m am all about the Green Bay Packers (Go Packers!) and Clint… well… he’s a Chicago Bears fan. So you can imagine the tension in our house come game day! We may have differencing opinions on teams, but one thing we can agree on is game day food! I made these amazing Italian Nachos, and they were devoured by us before the first quarter was done!
I decided to make these on potatoes/fries rather then actual tortilla chips since I wanted this to be an actual meal itself. Don’t get me wrong, I love regular nachos to begin with, but I thought the added toppings would do better on a heartier base, and well I wasn’t wrong!
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of shredded chicken
- 2 cups of Italian Blend shredded cheese, or mozzarella
- 1/2 a red pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Diced Green Onion
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
- In a large bowl add olive oil and spices. Diced potatoes into match stick fries. Add to the bowl, and mix well. Place in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes flipping half way through (or until fries are crispy).
- When the fries are cooked, stack them in a pile in the middle of the sheet. Add the diced pepper & shredded chicken. Top with cheese.
- Place back in the oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. Once the cheese is melted and done, take out of the oven and top with tomatoes, basil and green onions. Drizzle balsamic glaze over all of it, and serve immediately.
This really does make a perfect Sunday afternoon game time ‘snack’, or a Thursday night football dinner for two! Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hopefully you really enjoy this recipe along with my other Cook Once Eat Thrice recipes. If you have any suggestions, or ideas, let me know! I hope you give these tasty recipes a try and let me know if your family enjoyed them as much as mine did!
Have a wonderful day, and stay tuned… we still have one more recipe from this Italian Chicken series to go!