Baby it’s cold outside… yes snow is in the air… well at least this past weekend there were mini blizzards here, for one night. No the snow didn’t stay, but the idea to warm up with some home made soup stuck with me! I’m bringing you a classic that’s delicious, and since it had ground beef, it’s perfect for dinner! Add a side salad and a loaf of crusty bread and you have a complete meal for you and your family. Plus you can separate leftovers and freeze them for later, or have it for lunch the next day!
The smell of this Hamburger Soup simmering on your stove top with have your mouth watering, and everyone will be asking when dinner will be ready!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or large pot, brown ground beef until no longer pink. Remove and drain fat.
- In the same pot, add olive oil, garlic, onions, and red pepper. Cook until softened. Add the can of diced tomatoes (with liquid), beef broth, tomato sauce and spices. Add the ground beef back in.
- Let simmer for an hour and a half.
- Serve warm and top with cilantro! Add a side salad, and a loaf of crusty bread to round out the meal!
My whole family enjoyed this amazingly simple and savoury soup. I even sent it the next day on my kids lunches, and their thermoses were empty when they got home! I love sending soup on their lunches during the winter months… makes me feel like I’m helping them keep warm before heading out to play in the cold winter air during recess!
Thank you so much for stopping by. I’m really starting to get my swing back from the recent busyness of life lately and I’m always appreciative that you came in and stopped by today to share with me! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate! I can’t wait to chat again soon!