Hello Once again my friends! After yesterdays healthier meal, I’m bringing you a great appetizer that can also be served for lunch or dinner. I love when you can take one dish, and use it in a variety of ways – I guess that’s why I love my Cook Once, Eat Thrice series. This Lemon Pepper Tuna Flatbread takes no time to make, a little time to bake, and will make heads turn. This came to me when all of the ingredients were sitting in my grocery cart, and I was at the check out getting ready to pay. I actually had bought each with the intention of different meals but alas, they came together to make a great, light meal.
As I said yesterday, I really want to try and eat better in between the holiday parties and family get togethers. I would like to avoid a month-long binge of heavy meals, and this just make everything a little better! It also brings a new set of flavours to this holiday season when everything is turkey based and inspired.
- Two flat breads (any will do)
- 2 cans of lemon pepper tuna
- 1/3 cup of plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 2 tsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chives, diced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 lemon
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the tuna, greek yogurt, mayonnaise and chives.
- Divide the tuna mixture in two, and spread evenly across both flatbreads.
- Place flatbreads on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over each.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until parmesan cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove from oven. Top each flat bread with 1/2 cup of arugula, squeeze the juice of half a lemon over each, and twist freshly cracked black pepper.
This is so easy to make, and really delicious. For a meal, I serve 1/2 a flat bread along with steamed vegetables. As a ‘finger food’ in a self serving situation, I would slice it into strips so it would be easier to eat with out cutlery. As an appetizer before a meal, cut into quarters, and serve (as shown), since your guests will be able to use cutlery to enjoy.
I love appetizers – my favourite meals are made up of a variety of them. Since the holidays are coming up, stay tuned since I will be sharing some family favourites and some new inspirations that I will be making for my holiday events! Plus… we can’t really forget about desserts can we??? Heck no! Lots of amazing meals are making their way to our table, and I look forward to sharing them all with you!
Thank you so much everyone for stopping in today. It’s been a busy week here, and i’m hoping to keep up the amazing momentum that is Fuchsia Freezer! Have yourself a wonderful day, and please let me know what your Holiday Favourites are!