Good morning my dear friends! I can’t believe we are already done the first week of February, the time just won’t seem to slow down! That brings me to todays recipe – rushing to make a dinner after a crazy day. I love tacos in pretty much any form, and my kids love them too! I have previously written about these delicious and easy Kid-Friendly Chicken Taco Bowls, which work wonders on a weeknight, so today I’m changing it up again with this Taco Stack – easy to prepare, but ‘not the same thing’ as last time!
This recipe has layer, upon layer of black beans, corn, cheese and ground beef and goes in the oven to cook into a delicious layering of taco goodness! Plus, you can really change up the recipe to your family preferences (or whats in your fridge) which is why it makes such an easy meal on a tuesday night! #TacoTuesday anyone?
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 pack of reduced sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups tex mex shredded cheese
- 4 small (8 inch) tortillas
- Sour crea, tomatoes, avocado, hot sauce and other favourite taco toppings!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan over medium heat add the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning with a splash of water, and mix everything together until taco seasoning is completely mixed in.
- Add onions and garlic, and sauté until translucent.
- In a pie plate layer your first tortilla. Add 1/5th of the taco meat, and layer with 1/3rd of the beans and corn. Add 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Layer with another tortilla and press down with a spatular or your hand to flatted the bottom layer a bit.
- Add the taco meat, beans, corn and cheese again, and layer with another tortilla.
- Continue the steps until you have a tortilla on the top. Add the remaining ground beef and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (until the cheese is bubbling).
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before slicing like a pie. Top with all of your favourites and enjoy!
I find the flavours in Tacos and most mexican or tex-mex inspired dishes are so versatile. Plus you can really use up what you have in your crisper, or pantry and end up with something absolutely delicious in the end! I still love a classic taco, but this dish meant about 1/4 of the mess (since I topped it before I served it), and the kids ate up every late bite! What do you like on your tacos?