We’ve gone through chicken satay skewers, and fried goat cheese… what could possibly be coming up next?
Something delicious, grilled, and ready to serve in under 10 minutes. That really is my kind of weeknight dinner! And in true fashion, I couldn’t have passed up an opportunity to turn kale, romaine lettuce, and cabbage into a Tex-Mex delight.
Oh yes my friends, we are enjoying a little Tex Mex Ranch Salad with Grilled Tex Mex Shrimp! You can serve this as a side, but I decided to make convert this into a complete meal. You know, I have to say easy grab and go salads really do make weeknights a cinch, but sometimes taking a few extra ingredients, and an extra few minutes can make all the difference.
- 1 bag of BBQ Ranch bagged salad mix (I used everything in this version)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- Tex-Mex Shrimp:
- 40 shrimp, tails removed and devined
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for an hour
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss together, save the dressing for the end.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cilantro, garlic, olive oil, Tex-Mex seasoning, lime juice, salt and pepper. Get your grill to medium-high.
- Add shrimp to bowl with marinade. Let sit about 4-5 minutes. The lime juice will “cook” the shrimp, so make sure you don’t let them sit for a long time. Thread 5 onto each skewer.
- Place grill on oiled grill for about 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook until cooked through (about 4 minutes).
- Add the dressing to the salad. Divide between four plates. Top each with two skewers!
Not kicked on shrimp? Swap out with chicken pieces!
So after this last salad in the Cook Once, Eat Thrice series was done, I’m pretty sure Clint was about to ask “When are we eating steak?”
I get it! Three salads (although delicious and easy salads) can be a bit much for one man to take, but he ate, smiled, asked for more, and complimented the chef… well done honey! And trust me, a heartier dinner is on its way! As for my girls? They enjoyed every crunchy bite!
Thank you sweet friends for stopping in again today. It is always a pleasure! Cheers!