How did you make it through Tuesday? Did you enjoy the Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats?
Good News!! There’s one more meal waiting for you. It’s one of my favourites and it’s absolutely delicious (and ridiculously easy – I think that’s the best part). Plus this one is really for the kids – or the big kid inside!
These Italian Sloppy Joes are just amazing! Audrey – my middle – was covered in sloppy joe goodness. These were a huge hit and took about 15 minutes to prep and about 10 minutes to broil! Perfect for a hump day when “What’s for Dinner tonight?” is always that dreaded question.
Remember: through out this whole series, you can easily make batch of the Big Batch Meat Sauce and freezer the rest for left overs so you’re not eating meat sauce three or four nights in a row… but to be honest it was just so gosh darn good I could do it every night ;).
- 4 to 6 hamburger rolls. We used whole wheat.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of Big Batch Meat Sauce per roll on average
- Ball of fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Green onions (optional)
- Turn your oven onto broil.
- In a medium sauce pan, add the meat sauce and bring to a boil. turn to low and let continue to simmer.
- Split the buns in half and brush with a little olive oil. Place olive oil side up on baking sheet and broil until toasted golden brown.
- Run the garlic clove over each toasted top and bottom. Remove the tops from the cookie sheet.
- Top each bottom with 1/3 cup warm Big Batch Meat Sauce & mozzarella slices.
- Return back to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Remove, top with green onions is desired and serve!
Isn’t it wonderful when you have fun, and home made meals all planned through out the week? Isn’t it even better when meal time takes under 30 minutes? This is a staple in our menu and frankly, now that the spring is here, will be making the rounds again shortly!
What are some of your favourite time-saving recipes?