I love buffalo chicken everything, but eating this Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip (although light and delicious) isn’t something I should be indulging in every day. #wishfulthinking
I took that same delicious flavour and turn did into a lighter delicious meal perfect for lunch. The best part? Cooking this at the beginning of the week gives you amazing buffalo chicken perfect to use in wraps, nachos, quesadillas, on top of salads… whatever for the rest of the week! Can you say awesome meal prep?! There are about 10 servings of shredded chicken in total (4 of which you will use for the Lettuce Wraps), to help you keep track of your SmartPoints if you’re following Weight Watchers, 1/4cup of shredded chicken = 1 SmartPoint. YUP! That’s right!
This really has a kick so maybe it’s not great for kids or those who who doesn’t like spicy, but it was a HUGE hit here with Clint and I!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serves: 2 (2 wraps each) | SmartPoints: 6 SmartPoints
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (like Frank’s)
- 1 tbsp of ranch dip mix (unprepared)
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- tomato, diced
- 2tbsp sour cream (optional)
- 4 tbsp low-fat cheese
- In a crockpot add the chicken, hot sauce and ranch dip mix. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred with two forks.
- On a plate open your lettuce leaves.
- In each lettuce leaf add 1/4 cup buffalo chicken, 1/2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp shredded cheese, 1/4 of the avocado diced and about 1 tbsp of diced tomato.
- Wrap it up and enjoy! You can enjoy the chicken either warm or cold – works both ways!
This lighter carb lunch is perfect if you’re looking to keep your body fuelled for the rest of the day (since its got delicious protein), but won’t give yo the 2 pm slump of a heavy lunch. It also works well for a lighter dinner, especially on those hot nights in the middle of summer when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven.