Hello my dear friend! It’s been a while! I know, I know… I disappeared. Well summer got a little busy with three sweet girls running around and I got caught up with them. I love to be a food blogger and I love cooking, but then when summer hit and I really didn’t get how busy it was going to be with them home all summer I decided a break was what was needed. Now I feel refreshed, and ready to share all of my excitement a new recipes with you! I have so much new found energy and ideas to share… I feel so inspired. So I thought it was fitting by starting back into it with something absolutely delicious – avocados! But it’s not just me… I’m sharing this delectable fruit five delicious ways.
I love avocados just plain on their own, but with the summer here and my grill on almost all the time, I thought it was perfect to grill them for this savoury dish.
Grilled Avocado & Scallops
Serves: 8 (two slices per serving)
- 1 avocado, ripe & sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 demi baguette, cut on the diagonal into 16 slices
- 32 scallops
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tsp flour.
- 1/2 clove of garlic, or one small clove
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- In a pan over medium heat add 1/4 cup butter. Melt and add minced shallot and garlic. Add scallops and cook until brown and crispy on one side (about 2 – 3 minutes). Flip and continue cooking until golden. Remove and reserve on a plate.
- Add the white wine to the same pan. Turn heat high, reduce the wine and remaining liquid to half. Add 2 tsp of flour and whisk together.
- Pour in half and half. Heat through and whisking constantly add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. If your sauce is too thick, add remaining 1/2 cup butter one tablespoon at a time. Return the scallops to the sauce pan and warm through.
- Meanwhile, bring your grill to medium heat. Brush olive oil over avocado slices and season with salt and pepper. Grill on each side about 5 minutes.
- Top each slice of bread with one or two, slices of grilled avocado, two scallops, and drizzle more sauce over. Top with parsley, pepper and lemon zest.
This was a delicious treat Clint and I got to enjoy on Sunday in the afternoon after a wonderful family vacation. It’s times together that really made this summer count and while I wasn’t planning on taking such a break, I will say that it was definitely worth the memories made. I will share some pictures and adventures with you through out the next few weeks so come back soon and see what’s been cooking in my kitchen!
In the meantime, don’t forget that four more lovely ladies from the #FoodieMamas are here today with more delectable recipes!
Emily from The Best of This Life is mixing avocados with peaches in this refreshing
Avocado Peach Smoothie.
Sara from Life’s Little Sweets takes a twist on avocados with her Avocado Hummus and Pita Chips!
Deepika from Easy Baby Meals shares her delicious Avocado Pasta! I may have to make this
one for Hazel!
Plus we can’t forget about Ali from Home & Plate. She’s sharing her delicious Greek Avocado Pasta Salad.