Welcome, Welcome back to school my sweet girls! I can not believe it’s already back to school here! Where did summer go? Not just the school is back, so are cooler nights and the leaves are starting to change colour a bit. FALL is here!
I absolutely love fall. It’s by far met favourite season (and not JUST because of the Pumpkin Spice! ha ha). I love back-to-school shopping (since I love school supplies), and organizing my agenda of the next few weeks ahead. I love The cooler weather and warm knit sweaters.
PLUS this week isn’t just about celebrating back-to-school and the feeling of fall settling in… no sweet friends it’s Waffle Week 2016! Yes there is a whole week dedicated to Waffles! Mmmmmmm… So to celebrate a little bit of everything, I’m bringing you the perfect start to your morning whether you’re planning a day in, a day out and about enjoying the weather or just looking to try a new recipe. This will definitely be a treat for everyone!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 15 oz can of Pumpkin Purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp pumpin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat your waffle iron as per directions.
- In a large bowl mix together vegetable oil, brown sugar, white sugar, and pumpkin purée. Add in egg yolks and milk. Whisk until combined well.
- Which in pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until you get stiff peaks.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and make sure it’s well combined.
- Once everything is mixed completely fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into your waffle maker as directed and cook until done!
You can serve these with butter, maple syrup and sprinkle with pecan or almond pieces. You can also add a dollop of my amazing Pumpkin Dip on top and enjoy all of the pumpkin deliciousness that this time of year has to offer.
Waffle Week is just gearing up sweet friends! We are NOT done yet! I have joined today with some amazing bloggers who are sharing their delicious waffle recipes to help celebrate #WaffleWeek2016!
Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook made delicious Buttermilk Cornmeal Waffles with Blackberry Syrup!
Terri from Our Good Life went a little crazy with Waffles Gone Wild!
Another fabulous blogger Lauren from A Nerd Cooks took your basic waffle and turned it into Spiced Sweet Potato Waffles with Candied Pecans.
And Karen from Baking In A Tornado made sure to encompass all the wonderful bits of breakfast and created Coffee and Bacon Wake Up Waffles.
Thanks for stopping by Waffle Week 2016! Don’t all of these amazing waffles want to make you start cooking waffles all week long?! Do you have any favourite waffle recipes? I would love to hear from you! Share in the comments below!!