What a great day… today is the beginning of Waffle Week 2017! This year is going to be absolutely delicious and what better way to celebrate then to give you a new delicious recipe you can try this week… plus, following my recipe are some other delicious recipes from fellow bloggers!!
This year I thought I would celebrate fall a bit since we’ve had cooler weather here lately, so I brought apples into the equation. I made an amazing batch of stove top Apple Butter to top these with, and it was a total success! The apple butter recipe is coming tomorrow, so make sure you come back for more fall tastes, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy today’s waffle round up!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 apples shredded
- 2-3 cups milk**
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- In a medium bowl mix together the eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, shredded apple, apple sauce, and 2 cups of milk.
- Note: I use 3 cups of milk as my waffle maker requires my batter to be on the runnier side. I have one that requires you to pour the batter into the machine from the top... if you have a waffle maker that requires you to open-pour-close the lid then you may not need the extra cup of milk.
- Prepare your waffles as per your waffle iron directions.
What’s great about these is that you can always freezer leftovers! Reheat in the oven or toaster. They make a great lunch as well, and you can always serve them warm at your next family brunch!
Delicious New Waffle Recipes
- Gluten Free Waffles with Lemon Cream Cheese Topping by Terry at Our Good Life
- Cinnamon Horchata Waffles with Apple Topping by Sue at Palatable Pastime
- Oh My Cherry Pie Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Oven Baked Chicken Over Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Apple Cinnamon Waffles with Warm Apple Butter by Kaitie at Fuchsia Freezer
Tried and True Recipes
- Waffle Parfait by Terry at Our Good Life
- Waffled Polenta Crisps with Caponata by by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles by Kaitie at Fuchsia Freezer
- Flutternutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Sue at Palatable Pastime